Dave I think I can now comment on the new rig...now that I finally have a little tiller time. The boat does indeed tack well. The new mid pole snuffer is a lot better than the end pole I had years ago. The shute seems more intutive than it was with the end pole. I am going to change the spin halyard. That 90 degree offset below the front beam just adds effort. It has not gotten tangled yet, its just a litter harder to raise the shute.

Last weekend we had lots of wind again but with the flat water of the inland lake it was fun to tweak the ropes to dial the rig in. The aluminum stick is very adjustable with the down haul. I think the carbon is too stiff really. We had one race on Saturday that the winds were probably 20 with higher puffs and the rig was very easy to depower and keep managable. We still didn't do any tuning or pacing side by side carbon vs aluminum so I can't say for sure the rigs are even yet. Bob did lots of testing but up in Michigan we haven't done any of that yet. Maybe the next regatta at North Cape we can get there a day early and play around a little bit.

I gotta say, I love the big boy shute. Still trying to learn the wild thing. The boat does scoot downwind.

Hope to see you at Caseville for the NA's

Eric Kennedy
F 17 Fleet Captain
2008 Nacra North American Event Co Chairmen