Hey, thanks a million for this post. I finally got the spin rigged on my 5.7 and followed this post to do it and it basicaly went up without a hitch. had to re-rout a couple of lines but never had to de rig. I had the GPS on and the second downhill i clocked 19 mph.
I have been leaving the spin in the sock and leaving everything attached except the lines that go down from the hoop to the bows. I use those to hang the pole from the stowed mast. I then take a small tarp and wrap it around the hoop, pole and sock and tie it up fairley snug. I travel about 40 min. to lake pleasant and in route it doesent move much. is this going to put holes in my spin?

Is there anyone else that is this lazy and dosnt flake the spin? Is this a big NO NO?

Also, I am having a little problem snuffing. I have an end pole snuffer and a 2 patch spin. its like stuffing a basketball up a mosquitos a**. I am thinking of tying a peice of 1/8" dyneema to the lower patch and lead it up to approx. 1/2 the distance from the lower patch to the upper patch less 12"-14", and somehow tying or splicing it into the dousing line.
Upon dousing, this would pull through the lower patch and end up pulling the lower patch into the sock 12"to 14" before the upper patch. has this been tried? are there better ideas out there/
It seems that I saw a post with pics a couple months ago of a way to do this but I cant find it through the search. seems like it incorporated a small plastic ring attached to the lines somewhere.

Auscat MKV 444 A class
NACRA I-20- 440/CATHATKA