I just read a report from the "Gotland runt" race in Sweden. There were a number of Seacart30s competing, and one of them had an accident. The reports say the centerhull burnt down to the waterline, leaving the crew with just the gear they carried when the accident happened. They managed to make some sort of "raft" from the two outrigger hulls and survived 6 hours on this "raft" before they were rescued. They were all rescued in relatively good conditions.

Over to mye question: How could the centerhull burn down to the waterline (or further down, what do I know) in mere minutes? If they carried loads of gasoline or similiar in the centerhull cabin I could understand it, and I dont know if they did.. But is there something inherent in their carbon/epoxy/core (honeycomb core?) construction making them more inflammable than other construction?
I dont have many theories, I did not think carbon fibers, applied epoxy and possibly paint burnt that well..

If you can read scandinavian languages, ref: http://www.skota.se/race/files/b164e6ae8da685d60f6ce5719e385ddf-670.html