Rick, what you posted is a glass-half-empty perspective. Don't think of it as feeding the squirrels, use it as an opportunity to train them for more enjoyment!

I recall seeing a video (probably one of those funniest home video shows), where some people (I think in the UK) had trained some squirrels to go through a whole maze, including high wires, ferris wheels, etc. to get to the food. Extremely entertaining.

Of course, to satisfy the rednecks on the forum, you could rig a microswitch with some black powder to eliminate the little bastards when they finally get to the seed.

OK, maybe that was a bit much...

Mike

PS, Matt, you have entirely too much free time on your hands to be coming up with these pictures. Keep up the good work!

I am not sure if this video contains the original but at least it is on the same theme.

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2007/squirrel-impossible-mission-p1.php

Solution to the problem is easy - a couple of well-trained gundogs! (proven). Squirrels, cats, rats, mice, foxes, badgers - all no problem. Although they must be trained only to go 'on command' or it will be a pointless exercise. Also, no need to be a marksman.

Cheshirecatman