The number of patches and their location is determined by the length of the sock. The T typically runs a longer sock than you could fit on the F16.

The spacer lines are used to try and keep from pulling all 3 patches through the hoop opening at the same time. If you have a 2 patch spin retrieval system, this should pull through much easier than the 3.

Once I started putting the Holmekol stuff on my spin, even brand new they pull very easy. (Repair tape will no longer work if you ever have a rip though) I would sort out how you have the system run and find where the drag is comming from. Kinks in the line, misaligned or damaged blocks, or strange angle pulls can really make it difficult to pull. Did the hoop and sock come with the spin? They may be undersized for the size of the spin if not. Adding the loop extensions changes the length of the sock needed for snuffing so if they came together, I would try other things first before messing with extensions.

If you need them APS carries the plastic rings in a variety of sizes. You may check on the store here too as they often have a lot of odd ball items.

Matt