Hey Mike, Thanks for jumping on our BB. Kauai is very nice isnt it? We sail in Kaneohe bay 99% of the time. It is about 5 miles across with lots of protection from big seas by a reef. We usually are blasting in 10-20 knots with seas of less than a foot. Great for high speed runs.

Sometimes we venture out into the Pacific if conditions are OK. Seas out there come from thousands of miles of open ocean so they can get pretty intimidating. I have done a little wave surfing on my 20 but if you get into a jam and tip it over in the surf, your chances a very good the boat will be totaled before you get it up again. Our commadore totaled his Hobie 21 with three big guys on board. He cartwheeled it down a big wave and the bows jammed the reef, popping the deck ports out. The hulls filled fast and that was all she wrote. The coast guard had to fly out to direct the rescue.

I don't know any place that rents Hobies here. Its is just too windy. Not like in Florida where it all sand and nice calm winds. Kepp watching our BB and my photo page for new postings. www.picturetrail.com/chris-margaret