So apparently P.C. has released several new pricelists this summer. I'm not sure whats going on with the infusions... but the 20 has seen price jumps of a few hundred dollars for all the sails in the last couple months. It's not really cool of them to change the price midsummer but whatever, I can live with a few hundred...

But here's what really totally astonished me with these new prices.
A new Nacra 20 mast is now $11,000!!!
I cannot think of any justified reason for such a high cost. Any composite mast builder could build a similar and better product to the one currently offered for $3-$5K.
Is someone making a huge profit or does P.C. have a conspiracy to kill the 20 class to make way for the 18?
Breaking an $11,000 mast would total most boats! Might provide a good check to buy an F18 though!

I know going to an aluminum mast has been discussed but in the meantime what do we do if we break a mast?

I love the 20 and I hate to see it suffer because the manufacturer is making poor decisions. Personally, I think the best route is to threaten to find a new mast builder to make one that clearly does not offer an advantage over current masts.