I am assuming you were out on Saturday and it must have been during the short period where the wind died on us. Most of the day we had decent wind strength although it was coming at us from all directions! There were 5 different race courses set up for Opti's, Lasers, PHRF, Melges, Flying Scott, Multihull, etc. Saturday's winds were challenging because of the multiple storm cells we were dealing with that would come from every direction towards us. We were experiencing 70 degree wind shifts. Most of the courses only were able to get in 2 races. I have been away a lot this summer racing both the Corsair and the Hobies and I did not have my act together in time for the Labour Day Regatta, so I opted to donate my motor boat to the club for the weekend and do race committee. The Multihull course was farther north but I believe they were using the same start line as the large PHRF boats. There were 7 multihulls racing. Some Corsairs, Stilettos, etc. No beach cats. The two 28R's you saw were both having work done on them and were not ready to sail for this event. Sunday, all the Melges and Flying Scots opted not to race. Many of the larger boats also opted not to race because of the strong gusting winds. I expect to have my boat back together today and will be able to do this coming Friday Night race.

Kathryn Garlick Evolution, 28R, #185