The exchange rates defy all belief sometimes and for me it simply sums up the incompetance of most of those in the financial industry. Look at it this way, American financial gurus package up debts which can never hope to be paid as sound financial prospects and sell them on to even dumber European financial experts who think they have to buy them as other more wiser men claim they are a way to make a fast buck and hence offer big wage bonus schemes. Said sound debts materialise as nothing more than a big scam and pop goes a couple of American banks setting off the worst global financial melt down probably of all time.

What do the financial whizz kids then do, rate the US dollar as a safe and strong currency and everyone revalues the dollar higher. Am I being thick or should it be the basket case currency as it set the whole shebang off and has huge underlying finacial problems. My only feelings of joy are that by devalueing the Euro currencies as has happened, we are going to be able to export our way pretty quickly out of this mess selling stuff to America and you guys due to the strong buck are going to be lumbered with mountainous debts for years and years and years and years. I certainly would not be proud of nor be encouraging a strong dollar right now.