hello all, thanks for reading. I am now the very happy owner of a Nacra 5.8. Its a nice boat (ill post pictures later) with very minimal hull deterioration, only one soft spot on the top deck of the left floater near the back. I do have to fix stress marks that are happening on the top deck on the back where the tube that holds the tramp up. The sails were left out in the sun/grass so they did suffer a bit but they can be saved!

Now, on to why I am writing here: I am not familiar with Nacras in general, and what I know I know thanks to you all that are nice enough to answer my questions and everyone else's on these forums. From what I have read, the 5.8 never had a spinnaker, and yet this one does, is this just a custom kit that the previous owner installed or was there an OEM version of this? Im excited about this dont get me wrong but I dont want to rip the mast in half by using something that wasn't made for it. The spinnaker itself has a couple of rips near the tack point, and i was also wondering if i could simply use sail patching material to repair it since it is close enough to the attachment point to not affect the shape of the sail too much. I am basing these thoughts simply on the fact that I've been sailing for 12 years(teaching for 5) and have been on a variety of Cat's, but I would rather be told I'm wrong and get your input on this so that I can truly enjoy this boat.

Also, Anyone have an assembly manual or pictures of rudder configurations, dagger board setups, suggestions for raising the mast, etc.... anything at all for me to see and understand the intricacies of this boat.

Thanks for your Help!