The F-22 absolutely would be the perfect boat for the way we sail. We currently have a 36 foot ferro cement mono which is very comfortable but I read a great article on how if people were honest about how they sail and how much, they'd probably own a completely different yacht. The F-22 would be perfect for us as we mainly daysail, occasionally weekend, and once a year go for more than a weekend.
The F-22 would be much more fun to daysail, much faster and we could daysail in many various locations by towing. Weekenders we could travel twice as far and extend our cruising range by double, and here in Tasmania there is so much safe (relatively) cruising grounds to explore. Also there are somewhat exotic places like the Gordon River and Maquarie Harbour that are extremely tough to sail to and dangerous, that could be cruised by towing to the location. And lakes. Or our East coast. It so broadens our possiblities.
And everything is smaller, easier, lighter, with less maintainence, and no marina and slipping fees.
The only drawback is the accomodations are less comfortable and no private loo. But that setback is way offset by the benefits.
I would think the dollar falling against the greenback could only be a good thing for Ian so it might speed the process up or at least keep it going.
I would think we would only be able to afford to build, and that would be pending sale of our yacht. Perhaps we could manage to afford a kit when they are available. That would be great.
I just can't stop thinking about this awesome little bundle of fun!