You sure you want to go there, Andrew? grin

You SHOULD be a big dog, sailing that fabulously detailed Mystere 5.5 with spinnaker. Remember, I sail a 29 year old Nacra 5.0 with the original Dacron pinhead main. On Sunday you started with a sizable lead from the beach but after 75 minutes I was first to Island 9, about 7 minutes ahead of you and 2 ahead of Steve. Portsmouth handicap says you owe me 12.6 minutes per hour upwind (no spin correction). Wazzup with that? The little dog bites!

On the 90 minute downwind leg out in the Gulf I was less than 1 minutes behind and you have a spin. You should have beaten me by 16+ minutes. Like a Chihuahua, nipping at your heals!

Raking back my mast was VERY good for me, I guess. Maybe it's because I'm an old fat guy and your youthful zeal distracts you. grin grin grin

Let's do that again soon. Sunday was yet another excellent Florida sailing day. The water got back up to 70, the air was 75 and the wind piped up to 15 all afternoon (December!). Our stop on Island 9 (or was it 8?) reminded me that we live in a postcard here. I'm still laughing about Steve's Budweiser compass. "Wind outta the south, fer sure". When I die and go to heaven I hope it's as nice as here.