This is for fun. Doesn't have to be exclusive to sailing (but it certainly can be). I would like to know about stuff you bought thinking that it would be awesome and found out when it arrived, or you had tried it out, that it was a complete waste of money and time.

This is what made me think of it.. As I am sitting here buying Christmas presents on line and realizing I know nothing about what I am buying.... Last year I bought, for my anniversary, these candles on line. A Whole Bunch of them. My thought was that when my wife slipped into the hotel bathroom I would quick arrange all these candles and light them and be romantic as hell...... I spread them all out while she was in the bathroom but I quickly found out that NONE OF THEM HAD WICKS. They (and I) looked completely stupid when she came out of the bathroom. We did laugh all night but the mood was broken. blush

Last edited by bullswan; 12/19/08 03:30 PM.

The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised. - George Will
"It's not that liberals aren't smart, it's just that so much of what they know isn't so" -Ronald Reagan