Took a young lad out on the T today in what were outstanding sailing conditions...75 degree, visibility 25+ miles, ocean temps in the low 60's, flat sea state and winds a very steady 8-12 knots.

The 18 yr old could not stop grinning all day. This was his second ride on the T and has only been sailing for a couple of months on any boats. I had him doing the spinny work from the trap off the rear transom during a 30 min run down the coast (they're so fearless at that age!)...the high hull was completely dried off after never touching the water for 5-10 mins at a time. 16.5 kts (gps) was our "modal" speed for 30 minutes.

Then we headed back up wind & up coast to home...I gave him the helm while I got out on the wire and ran the mainsheet. Working as a team we were able to keep the hull out for minutes at a time with me trimming constantly. Smooth as silk. We footed off near the end of the our 4 hours on the water to head in and hit 17.3 kts reaching...the lad still driving. He was absolutely floored by this ride...I was so glad to have him out...reminded me of my first memories of T sailing when I was half his age :-)

We're out again next W/E!

Cheers!

Last edited by Tornado; 01/12/09 02:54 AM.

Mike Dobbs
Tornado CAN 99 "Full Tilt"