I agree w/ Matt do not torch the "mast".

You got nothing to loose ... correct??? So here is a crazy idea. First, you will need a "scrapped" Prindle mast.

Cut out two sections, depending where the bend at the gooseneck is maybe 20-24" for that one and a 12" section for the spreader area. Next remove the luff track by either having a machine shop mill it off or cut it off w/ a jig saw on both pieces do not remove too much

Now for the gooseneck bend strip the bottom of the mast of everything including rivets because what you are going to do is DRIVE/FORCE the section of mast inside the "bent" mast ... you will need to hold the mast in a straight position and make sure you use a wooden block so you do not want to deform the section being forced inside the "bent" mast. If possible use a hydraulic jack to apply the pressure/force ... you will need to force the inner sleeve in far enough so you can you can re-install the mast base ... re-install all fixtures and hardware with some additional rivets to hold the inner sleeve in place, on the top. If you have removed the luff track properly on the inner sleeve it will lock into position tightly inside ... if you have removed to much it will just rattle around inside. I have used this method to staighten (and strengthen) Prindle crossbars.

For the "spreader" dent again remove the luff track from the 12" section ... then split the 12" section lengthwise at the forward/leading edge ... remove the spreaders and install a section on either side of the mast in EXACTLY the same place. Rivet in place and re-install spreaders ...

There are no guarantees but this may work ... it's worth a try ...

Let me know how you make out ... if you decide to scrap the boat let me know as I have a P19MX also

Harry Murphey