Hello Kurt-

Yes, the F25c can be built [F82R kit] but not as the original 48 were in Colorado. In that process the hulls were laid up and cooked in an oven specifically made for that purpose. To cook out the carbon and layup at 140F. I saw a photograph of three normal sized guys carrying around a hull. Here the nose to swim platorm is one piece not like down under where they were two seperate pieces. The deck mold was one piece as well from the pics I saw from one of the "original eight builders" scrapbook. My boat weighs about 1700lbs all up according to Bill Adams the builder. I bought the builder's father's boat which had been sailed 5 times or less. All specs/info were verified by the builder.

This is basically a daysailor because there's very little room in the cabin. I removed the stove and sink because I couldn't get the sails inside the cabin.

As far as speed realized; there is a material difference between the two boats. At the 2001 & 2002 Nationals the only boats faster than the F25c were the F31Rs. If you check the Overall results you will see the uncorrected times. AN F24 won on corrected basis. I was on a F28R [2002]when an F25c blew by us with absolute ease. That's why I bought one!

As far as draw backs; the only complaint I really have is trying to dock singlehanded to an end tie on the local lake. Its at the end of a powerboat pier and is about 7 ft deep but when the lake goes down the daggerboard has to come up. Without the daggerboard all the way down side/cross winds tend to have an affect and you can slide sideways pretty easily. I never had a close call with the dock but used the beach both times I sailed then boat. Luckily I have a beach at the marina I can get close to and walk to shore and drop an anchor very similar to FWB. Its grass and protected by high ground. The only other problem is that ti really needs three crew total to sail the boat.

As far as replacement costs the NAMS Survey says the boat alone withou mast would be anbout $100k USD. There are two for sale in the world. Both are on Windcrafts site.

thommerrill
F25c 009 Charisma
ARC22 2234
FMS SC20 57