Hi Mary

Let me start out with, I have both systems for my Tornado and I normally use rear sheeting.

The Marstrom center sheeting system has some advantages. The advantages are mostly related to it's complexity. You can set it to match what you want.

For example
* You can run the mainsheet and the traveler to the center and the lines always go to the same place.
* You can run only the mainsheet and have 2 cleats
* You can set the cascading mainsheet so you don't have to pull in as much line after each tack.

If you ignore the mechanicals, There is not a lot of difference overall. One is harder to work when you are forward and the other harder when you are aft As for the mainsheet holding a trapping skipper in place, I never saw a lot of difference. Again it was easier when I was forward and harder when I was aft. Just the opposite of a rear sheeting system. (I have heard complaints that it is hard to let out a little line and cleat the main when tacking a Marstrom A with center sheeting because it is hard to uncleat fast enough if you get a puff)

All in all the center and rear sheeting systems were about equal. I decided to use the rear sheeting because it is simpler and it was faster for me especially in panic mode.