Ellen McArthur, a little girl at 5'4" and age 24, sailed a 75 foot triamaran around the world alone. If you studs can't sail your Inter 20's alone, maybe you can get her to crew for you and show you how it's done. It's not that hard to do alone given the right conditions but you have to use some common sense.

I would not go out in the North Atalantic -alone- in 20+ knots on anything but a Laser or a 75 foot tri, but on an inland lake or the intercoastal, or a protected bay, with warm water, etc. all of that figures into the equation.

Depending on skill and sailing location, and of course, weather permitting, it can be done safely. You have to use your head and sometimes you have to say, Nah, it's blowing too hard for solo, I'll find crew or go to the bar, or both... grin

Now, should we rehash the "What is the perfect boat" thread again? Like I always say, we each need at least 2-3 cats, one for each situation. As you see Jake and some others have figured it out, by owning more than one boat! I'm still saving up for my own 75 foot tri!

Last edited by Timbo; 03/02/09 12:52 PM.

Blade F16