Just throwing out some ideas here but I think we should send them at least one article from every major cat regatta, and from every major class. Obviously the growth of the F18 class here in the States, tie it in to Europe, etc. should draw some interest from some of the mono guys.

The big A cat regattas, the Wave Nationals, the upcoming (in Nov.) F16 Global Challenge, the Tybee of course, there is lots of opportunity to showcase each class, and also draw some of that rail meat off the big leaners and onto a more affordable ride. Be sure to stress the affordability of a good beach cat (vs. a new $60,000 Melges 20.)

Now, I understand Sailing World has to make ends meet too, and they have to cover the boats who advertise in their issues, which is why you see so much ink on any new J boat, or new Melges, or any other new leaner, right next to a big full page add for the same boat. Hobie always buys a full page add for the 16 and F18, but I almost never see an add from Performance Cats or the others.

I don't know what SW gets for a full page add but maybe regatta organizers should consider that when trying to promote a big regatta.

Last edited by Timbo; 03/05/09 03:25 PM.

Blade F16