Where did you get the plans for all of the hulls or did you design them? And what will they be made of? Foam cored glass like a regular production cat or wood or carbon, or something else? Looks great.

What rig (mast/sails) will you be using? I wonder about the side loads and twisting of the amas on the beams if you put the daggerboards out on the amas. Do you plan on flying the center hull when powered up like some of the 60 footers do? My observation of many comercial production tri's (vs. one-off full out racing tri's) is the never use a big enough ama. The ama's seem to bury underwater before the boat has a chance to really get up and going. I'm talking mostly of the Weta, all the Corsairs, and that Hobie pedal kayak-tri.

I emailed Ian Farrier about this some years ago, he said he designed them small on purpose (on the Corsairs), for safety reasons, to discourage people from trying to lift the center hull out of the water where they would likely flip it. He said when the lee ama is going under, you need to reef. I said, how about just putting a bigger ama on it, and when the center hull comes out, then you need to reef. He said most Corsair buyers are new to sailing and would crash instead. So for safety, or maybe liability? reasons, smaller amas are on them. If it were my boat, I would want big amas that don't go under water too soon.

Last edited by Timbo; 03/16/09 09:37 AM.

Blade F16