Back in the early days when I moved out in the country some 24 years ago I had a carport 20 x 22 and a 10 X 20 tin "Ted's Shed" for my tools and hay. I was in heaven. I never had control of the garage. I had the carport in front of the tin shed with a pea rock floor for the carport. It housed the catamaran and the bronco. Behind it was a small wood horse barn and a corral.

When I built my building I tore down the horse barn, it was ready to fall over. I had to build a new corral across the yard in the woods, so I cleared that. Code called for it to be cleared anyway because it was non-native trees, then I gave my wife the carport for the horse barn and the small shed for feed, hay, and garden stuff. She still has the garage, the house, ect…..you married guys know how it is.

The reason I have a horse is I promised my wife when we moved to Florida if we ever lived in the county she could have a horse, I was a city boy and she was a country girl, what was the chance. When we moved to the country I was ready for new sails and guess what I had to do before I bought new sails. We were up to three horses at one time so one is not bad. The lesson is careful what you promise wives don’t forget when they pit it against sail boats.

The trade off is I control what goes into the Man's Shed. It is my only domain that is kind of how my friend Jeff gave it the name one drunkard night. It was a Man's Shed. When Craig built the website the domain available nearest to the name was themanshed.net

Mike Shappell
www.themanshed.com
TMS-20 Builder
G-Cat 5.7 - Current Boat
NACRA 5.2 - early 70's