Maybe this has been covered but I missed it, could I add a single trap to a Wave? I know, I would have to also add a tiller extension, but my question is more to; Will the mast support it?

I have a Hobie 14 that doesn't get much use because I'm about 200 lbs and if I bring my kid, we sink it. Hell, I can sink it -alone- if it's blowing and I'm sailing on one hull! I would like to get a used Wave to play with for those few days when it's blowing 25 but without a trap, well...not so much.

Can I transfer my Hobie 14 mast/sail/trap setup directly to the Wave? What is the difference, sail area wise, between a stock H14 sail vs. a Wave sail?

Will this work or will it damage the Wave hulls? I thought back when the Wave first came out (1996-7?) I saw it was offered with both a Jib kit, trap kit and even spinnaker kit. But I've never seen a trap on one, let alone a jib or spinny.

I really like the shape of the Wave's hulls, lots of volume compared to the H14, but will it stand up to a fat guy on a trap? sick

Last edited by Timbo; 04/28/09 07:53 AM.

Blade F16