It has been a few weeks so I thought I’d check in with an update. It has been an interesting few weeks. Congratulations to those who did the Florida races - it was rough weather and high winds. Nice to see a boat I worked on; Team CyberSpeed, win a race. I’ll be at Craig’s party for the Tybee group it will be great to meet those of you that will be at there.

I went to the DC area on a business trip last week and had a chance to meet a couple of very interesting fellow sailor / boat builders Jim Ryan and Kevin Cook of Maryland through connections of this website. Thanks to all who helped with the introductions and information - FastDamit and Undecided. I ended buying a 31’ carbon fiber mast for the TMS-20. For those tornado fans Kevin mentioned he has a tornado for sell it looks to be in good shape. Jim is a N/A and very handy at inventing things and building molds. He was working on a rigging solution for his Star.

I’m still nursing my shoulder and elbow along waiting for injury comp to get things going. I may decide to just go to my private orthopedic doc to get it done. I have two tears in the rotor cuff, not sure what is going on with the elbow except that if I move it wrong - POW. I’ve ridden this pony before and it is a bitch. Just got to get it done.

Enough rambling back to the TMS-20 I started laying foam late Sunday. The West Six10 was great to work with on the smallest bead I got 88 feet. I figured I’d need 5 tubes for just ½ the main hull so I’m going back to mixing West 105 – 205 – and a powder such as 404 to make my own paste. Here is the link to website for those that want to follow along:

http://www.themanshed.net/tms-20-trimaran/?g2_page=8

I should have the foam laid on or before this weekend. Still looking for a vacuum pump system if you know of any for sale. Thinking about building an autoclave Kevin Cook planted the thought in my head.

Clear Seas!

Mike Shappell
cool

Mike Shappell
www.themanshed.com
TMS-20 Builder
G-Cat 5.7 - Current Boat
NACRA 5.2 - early 70's