OK, now that we have all had fun either sailing or watching the Tybee 500, it is time to get ready for the Great Texas!

The Great Texas starts on Wednesday, June 17th and runs through Saturday, June 20th.

We currently expect to have at least 12 boats on the line - nine are registered with 3 more committed to send in their money soon (too busy sailing the Tybee).

For any Tybee sailors from outside of Texas, we will pay your late fee but you must register by next Wednesday, May 27th. Contact me if you are interested (stevepiche@gmail.com). Late registration is $425 but you can get in for $325.

The winners of the last leg of the Tybee will be on the course. (McCulley was my crew for 6 years and I sure am proud of the boy and that win the last day.)

We will have lots of coverage from CatSailor, our own web site, etc. Also looks like topofusion will be supply mapping for the race too.

We can't promise another blasting year but we will put the quarter in the wind machine and hope for big air again. Last years winners average 17 mph for the race!

Hope to see everyone in South Padre (in reality or virtually).

Steve Piche