We have not contacted EP about our problems with our mainsail or our spinnakers.

We bought the sails in early 2007 for our first attempt at the Tybee. Due to delay's and sending us the wrong spinnaker at first, we barely had enought time to unpack the sail and put sponsorship logos on it before we hit the road to Tybee. The Spinnaker was first raised on the beach of Hollywood (starting point in 2007) so we didn't have any time nor did I have the desire to continue to argue with EP about our sail delivery. That was a huge headache that I don't care to go into. Also, I don't think Keith or I knew enough about tuning the Nacra20 to know that we even had a problem, only that it was different, for our originals. Heck for all we knew, this was a new and improved sail plan. We spent the last 2 years experimenting with different tuning ideas trying to find the sweet spot for the main, and I think got it as close as we are ever going to get. After 2 years I wouldn't hold my breath that EP would be willing to do much for us.

As far as spinnakers go, we got 2 new ones back in 07 again for the Tybee 2007, and we were amamzed with how different they both were to the ones we already owned, but again, do to problems with our order at EP, we didn't get our set until the last minute, with no time to make any changes or fixes before the big race. Not only were leach and luff measurements different, but the difference in fullness was scary. Our custom designed black, grey and red sail which fit into our Pirate logo, is so full, I would imagine it would make a great parachute, but absolutely sucks going down wind. So for this years Tybee, we used the plain white one that we also recieved back in 2007 only because it was a better cut than the black one, but as crew I struggled with trying to get it fly right the entire week of Tybee. Now there certainly could be some changes we could make to luff tension that may or may not have helped as I'm certainly no expert.

The one good thing I can say about our Spin was that even though it was only glued together, it never blew apart.

So I'm afraid I've let to much time go by to ask for EP to make it right, but I've certainly learned a few things in the process.

Alec

Alec D.
Pirates of the Chesapeake www.teampiratesofthechesapeake.com
Nacra20 1057 - Crew
F16 Viper 152 - Uni