It is good to hear that Landy is doing active work on his F16 designs instead of resting on his laurels smile Getting Grant Piggot in on the scene in addition to the Glasers and others can only be good.

I have only sailed with a Landenberger spi once, after ripping our race spi. It was fast, but not as fast as the Gran Segel spi we ripped. We had to set it up differently and sail it a bit differently. It was pink, and Landy had written "sorry about the color" on the luff laugh laugh grin I digress.. All sails are different in my opinion and to get the most from them, you need to know the boat well enough to feel the difference and know when it is at target speed.

Mark,
so many pictures of people I have never met.. Hard to find the right pictures. If you have the links directly to the pics you referred to, it would be great if you could PM some of them. I'll do a tutorial on how to post pictures in response wink

Gilo,

I think I have asked about the age of your jib before? It is quite fresh, is it not? Do you have any photos of you sailing upwind taken from directly in front of you? I would like to see how the luff is with you sailing upwind.
We had a Tornado Landy jib once, and it was brilliant, so his F16 design should not be off the pace compared to other designs.
Same for your spi, how thight is the luff if you hoist it on land? Pics from in front while sailing?? How tight is the luff line set? When we set up the landy Tornado spi, we hoisted it with a loose luff line so we could twist a fist holding the luff about 45deg. Then we tensioned the luff line so we could twist a fist grabbing the luff about half that. This gave us a responsive luff with good speed and power. If your sail have too much draft, I would look at flattening the luff. Lots of fun tuning to do with spins, but sometimes the design is just slow. Hard to tell though without time and somebody to juggle ideas with. I better stop now before the thread is hijacked.