Thanks Rick. I took my first Wave ride today. I went out on a Getaway, then the Wave with an instructor and had a great time.

When I stepped up to the Getaway I was immediatly intimidated with its size and sail area. I'm not ready for that kind of power yet. After a few tacks we came back and swapped it for the Wave. I felt immediatly comfortable and was ready to take the helm. After about 10 minutes I dropped the instructor off on to shore and he told me to go out by myself. I did not hesitate a bit. It was a blast.

The wind was at the max about 10 knots and I got to experience a hull starting to rise and it just kept getting better. By far the most secure feeling I had was not having to deal with that 6 foot tiller as on the Getaway. I guess that is one thing from monos that I might have a hard time getting used to on a Getaway or 16 - dealing with the sheets and flipping the tiller around the back everytime I switch tacks. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a new one. Used ones are few and far between, and this will be my first new vehicle of anykind. Thanks for the tips. I'll check it out again.

gus