I sailed solo at RTI this year on my F17 and I seriously under estemated the difficulty of this race. I only completed 75 miles and dropped out with my GPS telling me I had 35 miles to go. I told myself I would never do anything that stupid again but the next day I realized some things I had done wrong and I will definately be there next year and will finish the race. One thing I didn't pace myself for 100 miles, I sailed really hard for the first 25 miles or so and really wore myself out. Another thing to remember is anything you need to get to (food, GPS, water) make sure you can get to it with one hand. A dry bag is good for backup supplies but try opening and closing one in 4ft seas with one hand. Maybe you could park and get to something but I wasn't going to try I also though about beaching and eating something but didn't. One thing is for sure it put our little 12 to 14 mile distance races down here in Ocean Springs into perspective, they will no doubt seem really short to me for now on.

Andrew
"I'm a luffer not a footer"
NACRA F17 #136
HOBIE 18 MAGNUM #22