Originally Posted by CaptainKirt
Yes- Use that mast rotator through the bottom of the mast with a bolt and a large. reinforced grommet through the trampoline behind the rear beam, ala my Flyer "A" cat- you will then place 2 more grommets near the outer edges of the tramp for the limiter line to exit on each side- after exiting it will cleat in a small cam cleat mounted on the hull on each side. On the Flyer (single person boat) the cleat is near the shroud where all the other control lines are led, on your sloop you will have to think about where to mount. Another option using the same "spanner" is ala my LCD "A" cat- mount the spanner with a bolt through the front and back of the mast (you will have to bend the spanner to make it wider- you could cut off the bottom of the mast track- back to the "web" and I would to use that flat surface. Then you mount the spanner to left or right, your choice, and then put 2 farleads on the front beam on that side- positioned about 2" apart as I remember- so one is inside the end of the spanner and the other outside- oh, and mount a SS strap on that side of the mast about 6-12" up from the spanner or use some fitting on the mast for a small strong line to the end of the spanner to hold it up- this keeps it from dropping down and hitting the fairleads as you tack/jibe. A line is then led from a cleat on the front beam on one side- through the fairlead closest to it, through the end of the spanner (or a small block shackled to the end) through the other fairlead to a cleat on the other end of the front beam. Of course you could lead to turning blocks on the beam and back somewhere to cleats if desired.
Hopefully this is understandable, but if you need pics both boats are home and I could get some pics if you need them-
Having sailed a 5.0 for 17 years but now on squareheaded boats I understand your dilemma!

Kirt

I would not mind some pictures of that.

I rigged the boat this weekend and took a bunch of pictures, without wind the mast does not over rotate, and part of my problem is probably the main clew position. With the downhaul full on for a flat sail I spill the square top, using the outer main clew hole I can keep the square top powered up with more downhaul than I can with the main sheet further in. But this causes the mast to over rotate.

Bjorn

NACRA 570 #90308
Hobie 16 #68973