It's about time the city of miami did something to support boating. Over the past decade they have caved in to developers and making money. There are less marinas, beach front access for the public, and increased fees, all with the canned statement "we are just reacting to pricing that is competitive with market demand", or "it's in the best interest of the residents", or other bla, bla, bla. Sure hope they improve Hobie beach, and other areas around Miami to provide access for beach boats, wind surfers, kites, ... I know the city, the county and so. fla tourist offices just love to advertise it: People on the beach, colorful sails, sun, "come spend your money miami!!"

I'm looking for a Hobie and the biggest obstacle is the lack of reasonable places to launch, and places to beach a small sailboat. A couple of years ago I call Bill Baggs and they said flat out "no boats, of any kind on our beachs"! Why thank you, my tax dollars at work.

Trying to find a place to store the Hobie, at a resonable price near the coast is also a challange!

I'll still get the Hobie! Maybe just have move out of So Fla to find that ideal Hobie beach ;-)

I remember sailing out of Hobie Beach back in the early 80s. And I've rented from the Miami Cats off Rickenbacker, and I also launched a Hobie from Hobie Island.

I was by Hobie Island several weeks ago and it was packed with beach goers and wind surfing. How do you launch from there?