News from The Man Shed

TMS-20
We managed to get the inter hull bagged out the weather cooperated today. The last two weekends were spend in the final fairing of the hull, building the vacuum system, and rounding the chine as glass does not like sharp bends. I’d like to thank my wife for cooking and getting the beer. She also watched Craig’s son Adam today, it has been 18 years since we have had a two-year-old running around. Also thanks to my son Garrett, Craig Van Eaton (Cyber Speed), and Richard O’Connell.

The morning started out slow as I had some sanding to do because the bogg did not fully cure from the rain Saturday. We carried the hull out side and used some solar curing to speed things along. I spent a few hours sanding that was not expected. We had a bit of a go getting the bag to seal but besides that all went to plan. We spread a thin layer of epoxy mixed with thin layer of bogg (407) to get any pin holes and for extra secondary bonding. The rest of the lay-up was with straight epoxy.

A-Cat Mast
I had Craig do some sanding on the inside of the mast. I will work on the mast the rest of the week making and fitting the sleeve the finish by the weekend. A week from Monday I go in for Rotor Cuff Surgery and then I’ll be laid-up for 4-8 weeks.

Attached Files
Core design.JPG (216 downloads)
Bow holes.JPG (215 downloads)

Mike Shappell
www.themanshed.com
TMS-20 Builder
G-Cat 5.7 - Current Boat
NACRA 5.2 - early 70's