Originally Posted by abbman
I definately had an awesome time at this regatta. It was so much fun to have a "spectator" regatta. I had actually gone down to the beach that Wed. to stay with some old high school buddies and they joined us on the water in a powerboat for both races. Hopefully, they stayed enough out of the way that none of you really noticed them. But, the first thing they all said to me when I got back to the house was, "Dude, who the hell was on that orange boat." You really did sail well Jake (and I'm so sorry but I can't recall who crewed). All my buddies, who know nothing about racing, said that they really enjoyed watching it. After a couple of races they started to figure it out as far as who was leading and what not. I really hope that this race will continue to happen in the future. Thanks to Surfside, Sail and Ski, the Surfside P.D, and the others who helped make this an awesome regatta, despite the wind. It was nice meeting many of you and seeing some familiar faces. I hope to see ya'll at Hatteras, especially you Tawd. You gotta rep the hometown race dude.

James, it was good to see you again! I never noticed any power boats out on the course - your buddies must have kept a really safe distance! If they ever want to do that again, we can hook them up with some video cameras and some basic instruction on how to stay clear of where we need to sail. Could be fun!

Everyone remember that the Catfest regatta is taking place on Lake Norman on Sept. 12-13 at the Lake Norman Yacht club...nice cat friendly easy launching facility. We're bringing a 3rd of our Seawind R/C racing fleet this year too!

Jake Kohl