Hey everyone,

I am a 5 yr resident of Titusville and I have been sailing the entire time with a string of boats including H14, H16, Sunfish, and my 2 current boats of the CS13 (monohull) and my brand new Hobie Wave (as of 4/22). I am regularly down at Sandpoint and have seen other cat owners down there on occasion. I consider myself a "seasoned beginner". I have never had a perfect boat for me, until now I think with the Wave.

The point of this is to form or join a club. This is what I am looking for:

- A group of people to meet with now and again to sail for fun and swap stories about boats, gear and technique.
- A group to encourage youth sailing. I have 4 children one of which is an active H16 sailor with her husband and 3 younger ones VERY interested in learning on my new Wave.
- A group to attend and publicize local, regional and national events with or at least share a calendar with - such as the events Performance Sail (Melbourne) puts on, and the Hobie Wave Nationals in Key Largo this year.
A group to support and lobby for high school sailing teams at Astronaut and THS.

Does such a group exist? If not, would anyone be interested in forming one? If we don't have enough people to keep it strictly cat owners, I would like to open it up to all craft with a sail. We could even have a virtual club aspect since I own gigabytes of web space and my own under utilized website.

Tell me what you think and get back to me if you're interested.

Gus Koerner