Thanks to all of the guys for an enjoyable and informative weekend.

After rigging and a spot of maintenance on Saturday it was time to go sailing. Most of the time was spent sailing to the downwind mark, bunching into a group and then sailing the length of the pond to windward. This allowed me to compare my boat speed, pointing and handling against several boats. Prior to each beat to windward I would make adjustments to my rig looking for an improvement. In some cases I stopped half way along the beat for another adjustment before continuing. It was a lot easier to try different settings than while racing as there was nothing to lose.

With light winds on Sunday morning I was able to lay the boat on its side and look at the sail shape. Much discussion was had regarding settings and shapes for different conditions. This was then put into practice with a Sunday morning sail as the wind filled in. During this session Andrew Neeson followed me and gave good feedback on how the sail looked with different settings. This was great as you get a much better view of the leech from this position.

Unfortunately due to work commitments I had to leave at lunchtime and was not able to race in the afternoon. I am looking forward to my next race as I feel I have improved my boat setup and have more confidence that the setup is correct. Thanks again to all involved.

Mossie 1822
The Unsent Letter
Put one foot after the other, cos that's how we roll.