Originally Posted by Headhunter
I'm building one in my garage and it's the best one. Construction is 5 non-marine grade plywood bulkheads wrapped in thin sheets of aluminum. The seams are riveted and taped with duct tape because ACE hardware doesn't carry aircraft aluminum tape (bastards). But that’s OK because duct tape has stronger tensile strength than carbon/Kevlar sandwich. There’s been studies done.

I took a hack saw to the flag pole outside of city hall which will become the mast and beams. Teardrop wing shapes are old technology and carbon breaks. In order to control costs while using advanced materials, all standing rigging is comprised of braided twine for added strength and durability.

There's no need to sacrifice performance for strength. My boat is definitely the BEST F18 ever made. I'll sell it to you for $50,000.00 USD.

I can only assume "WildMan" is your technical consultant if you are using duck tape. Good luck with your project. I suggest you don't quit your day job until you sell a few of these duck-cats