Now I believe the PRO is responsable for setting the race course .... so if you while racing in your race happen to infringe on another race course my experience leads me to believe that one or both of the PRO's are at fault for not situating/siting their respective race course properly.

In my experience when something like that happens one or both race courses are re-set eliminating any possible incidences. In one case the windward mark for the beach cats was located just beyond the Opti Course, making us beach catters pass directly through the Opti Course ... after the first race several of the beach cats went by the Committee Boat and informed our PRO of the situation and requested that the beach cat windward mark be relocated even though it was a light air day, we were not comfortable interfering w/ the Opti Races ... we did not feel it was "proper form". Just because we were bigger faster and older that did not allow us to stomp all over another classes racing. The Pro relocated our windward mark per our request, also the Opti Pro re-located his course slightly and that night during "social hour" they tracked us down and thanked us as a class for pointing out the issue and our "sportsmanship" towards the Opti's.

That may have been our (beach cats) first time at that event .... but we have been invited back faithfully every year since!!!

Harry