Makes my enthousiastic anyway !!
However I got rather little spi experience (none on a H16) so I got some additional questions:

Mast rotation
Other cat sailors (Hobie & Nacra F18, Tornado a.o.) told me reduce mast rotation heavily and sheet in main sheet otherwise the mast won't survive. H16 has no controlled mast rotation - on the contrary. Sheeting in max will cause mast rotation to be max. Thus the mast will be in a rather weak position and most likely flex into S-shape....
I can think of ways to limit mast rotation but that will make my H16 not class legal anymore.

2 piece mast
My mast has a section and can be split for easy transportation. I can imagine this will make my mast even more vulnearable / fragile. Suitable for spi or special precautions required?

spi sail area
In addition to above: standard H16 spi seems to be approx 14 m2. The recommended F18 spi ± 21 m2. Former (why did they change to antoher cat ??) H16 sailors strongly recommended me to stick to 14 m2 max. Which is opposite your advice. Or should I (sailing alone..) limit myself to f.i. 3-4 Bft???

[Still eager to start spi sailing on my Hobie 16 !!]

Happy sailing from The Netherlands!

Eddie

Hobie 16 (1992) # 99173 & CT11 - with spi