Originally Posted by davefarmer
[quote=scooby_simon]If you do not want to go internal to the mast; you can have a cascade 16:1 externally

[Linked Image]

Scooby,
It looks like you've replaced the micro cheek blk at the very base of the mast aft, with something larger, what prompted that? What is that blk, I don't recognize it? A wire blk? How about the red twing ball in the blue line, is that your way of terminating the blue line after it's been fed thru the blk(s) at the mainsail tack? Nice! Is the red line 3/16"? Which line(Mfgr)? Thanks for the pic and post!

Dave

Micro cheek block is still there; the wire block (as you guess) is just tied to it; I wanted a larger dia block as at times the rope was rubbing on the gooseneck when I had lots of DH on.

Not sure who made the red rope; it's just what the chandler had at the time; I THINK it's 5mm; this setup is very efficient, I never really need to pull it hard; it just comes in when needed and because it's a cascade with fairly big blocks it runs out very well too.

The red ball, is, as you guess the termination of the line that goes thru the block on the sail.

I have a bit of D12 with the ball on spliced onto the forward block; the D12 that goes thru the block on the sail has a spliced loop just big enough to get the ball thru once pulled snug thru the block on the sail.

Last edited by scooby_simon; 11/21/09 04:33 PM.

F16 - GBR 553 - SOLD

I also talk sport here