there is no substitute/alternative for the N20 when it comes to the big boys. there are a few of us that are over 200 lbs out there. i'm not getting any smaller so i need a boat that is built for me. the N20 can compete when the humans on board are 400+lbs. as much as i envy the 160 pounders (while sailing) i'll never be that small. The N20 is a MAN'S boat. its competes with any boat in any class. it has a lot of leg left in it since it is so fast and able to handle the hefties. The only thing holding the N20 back is finding good crew. the owners lament that they can't find the crew necessary to be as competitive as they would like to be. its hard to find dedicated crew and it gets frustrating to start with neophytes with each race. when you get a team of two it's rare but you have an advantage that goes a long way.
In november 2010, the Cuba Run is taking off. can anyone think of a better ride than the N20? Personally i would appreciate the extra 2 feet over the F18 when crossing the big water in the gulf stream. the N20 is a stalwart veteran with years ahead of it. All you really have to do is get a ride on one. there is no smoother sailing boat than the N20. cheers

Capt Cardiac
Ocean Springs Yacht Club
Sailor
Nacra20 - Flight of Ideas #5