It would be great to get more multihull sailors involved to allow further progress and prevent some of the things we've had happen in the last couple of years.

John, it would seem that the "things that have happened" are simply not so upsetting that sailors feel obligated to get up and do anything.

Take a look at the Olympics Issue. The World MHC council assumes that the loss of the Olympics is a big issue to the rank and file sailor. Pascoe wrote
...the dropping of the multihull from the Olympics has had a significant flow on effect that has already seen the dropping of youth programs in some countries,

What is the "flow on effect" impact in the USA? My observation is that MOST of my colleagues are disappointed at the change but see NO impact on THEIR sailing world. They simply don't see any relationship between Olympics and their sailing... Its too amorphous. Consequently their energy to do anything on this issue is really circumscribed and they see no need to step up deal with "stuff" which in their view are non issues. Their attitude is well... "Its great that you think this "stuff "is important... atta boy!"

Seems to me that the big picture issues that are handled at the USSA level are dead last behind their local club issues, (money, club duties, schedule and events) Their regional OD class schedule (money and schedule and growth), and their national class issues (money NA's and growth).

Perhaps the MHC should describe the issues and have the One Design classes weigh in on why the issue matters to their sailors.

crac.sailregattas.com