Rick,

Thanks for the tips, yea I was over thinking it a bit, I do that a lot.

I added the tell tails you suggested and removed the ones from the leach. I only have a 7 hole chain plate but added a shackle between the top of the chain plate and main stay, so its equivalent of a 9 hole. I already had a mark on my main sheet based on the "feel" of the boat. Setup the boat on-shore and took a look at the main, the new mark isn't that far off from my original one.

The wind was shifting quite a bit today so I couldn't really dial the sail in, so have to wait until next weekend.

Back in the day I used to race Windmills and Lightnings, then purchased a Solcat 18 and raced that for a few years. Even with all the mono hull experience I never got the Solcat working until I started to race it.

I really purchased the Wave for recreation, but I do feel the racing bug creeping back, so my next project is to work on transportation. Neither car has a hitch and I need a trailer. Right now I launch off my backyard.

One more question while/if you're reading. My Wave seems to sail better and is more responsive on Port Tack, and sluggish on Starboard tack. I checked the lengths of my shrouds and mast is straight, is there anything else I should check?

Charlie