Hello Sam-

You said:" They build boats for people who want to BUY "first to finish".

I was wondering how many ARC/SC22 owners you had personally interviewed/surveyed about why they bought their boat? I personally don't recall speaking to you. As far as racing I could care less about competing against any cat other than a 22' cat. If that means only Roberts designed ARC built boats presently that's fine with me. If you think its worth the $33k I have invested in my ARC22 to beat a slower boat, you over-estimate your importantance!

As far as why doesn't Roberts or Haberman build a particular boat; why don't you go out and buy what's available like the rest of us? Or better yet why don't you and Larry go out and design and build your own boat? Put your own time & money up as well and take the risk that what you end up with will be competitive or not as well as saleable or not to the "New"catamaran buying public.

I heard your whining scenario in the late 1960s/early 1970s when the Tornado was created and was made an Olympic class.

You say "Why won't you prove your design?" I think the question is why won't anyone else build a 22' cat to compete with the SC/ARC22? It was there before either the F18 or F20 I believe. Its been over ten years I believe. Its not like the boat hasn't been seen or heard of.

If you decide to take the risk; keep us advised as to your progress on building a proven designed boat. Include pics as well. Thats if you have the talent, genius, money and guts to do it.

thommerrill
FMS SC20 57
ARC22 2234
F25c 009