Hi All,

Firstly our thanks to Nic for the invite on Sunday, and thanks to the Rye yacht club for putting up with us. Fantastic easy going friendly club.

After Saturdays weather, Sunday turned out to be absolutely perfect for sailing. Peter on Lemon Peel, Bill on Fat Bomber, Simon on Anopheles II and Jake and myself on Just A Toy descended on Nic's (Sanity) peaceful club for a spin around Rye's Windward / Leeward course. Nic even managed to arrange a sizable pod of dolphins to welcome us to the start line.

Everyone made a pretty good start, With Simon and 2 A Class Cats getting the jump on everyone else. At the first windward they were far enough ahead I didnt see the order they went around. Peter, Bill and I were having a good battle for the next 2 laps, with Simon far enough ahead that I couldnt read his sail number. Nic stayed in contention snapping at our heels.

By the start of the 3rd lap, it finally sunk in that I wasnt on the flat surface of Sugarloaf and pulled the strings in the right order. This gave the 'Toy a much needed increase in speed and we were able to haul in the lead that Simon had.

Peter and Bill swapped their lead continually, until Bill lost his centreboard tie down and had to tie a knot each time they rounded the bottom mark. This cost him time that Peter happily took.

By the turn of the next lap we went around the bottom mark with Simon and stayed with him until the last run. Simon elected to go to the left side of the gate course while we went to the right.

We got a great lift on the right side of the course and welcomed the capsize of the leading A Class just in front of us on the way to the finish line.

This gave us line honours in front of the other Mossies and both A Classes. Simon ended up 3rd across followed by Peter, Bill then Nic. The Mosquitoes filled the first 4 places on both VYC and Handicap (BCYS?)

In all a fantastic race, and fantastic day made all the better by line honors grin We may have even managed to open some eyes to the Mosquito as a viable alternative to an A Class laugh

Mozzie 1828
' '
Sugarloaf Sailing Club
Melbourne