A new launch for an F18 in for example the NL market alone can quickly ramp up an impressive numbers of sales. I remember the launch of the Nacra Infusion to be quite impressive and I saw these boats suddenly pop up everywhere.

I figure the 60 Vipers produced and sold by AHPC to be a modest launch by F18 measure (but still a big volume for a builder like AHPC).

However, the comparison is a bit skewed in my opinion for the F16 class is not the F18 class and here a single year batch of 60 boats ranks as very impressive indeed.

With regard to your last comments; ain't that the truth !

But afterall, the people of the first hour weren't doing it for profitability, but for the love of it. The feeling that such a craft and class would be just what the scene was missing. Because they themselves fancies owning and sailing one.

Other then that, I say the Falcon F16 is also a second (if not 3rd generation) product as the Aussie Blade is. Competitiveness and Quality of these designs is not in doubt; with good promo and customer support these products should be able to compete with the Viper very well.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands