Thanks, Mike I trust your interpretation, however, for the sticklers in the audience - can you describe how you determine this?

I neglected to include the text from the class rules which says :

2.1 ....
NOTE: To doubly guard against "loophole restruction" of these fine International Class Catamarans and their potential for lasting racing pleasure, every deviation which is not specifically spelled out by plans, specifications or Design Rule is assumed illegal until approved and thus recorded in writing by those administering the Class Designing Rules.

So, can you help me figure out how one can read the rules in such a way that a modification to a jib which is not mentioned in the rules is made legal, even though rules say if it's not specifically allowed it's by definition illegal.

Perhaps you're giving an offical interpretion of the rules on behalf of NACRA, as a member of an INCA committee? Perhaps this online posting constitutes ".. recorded in writing by those administering the Class Designing Rules. That would be great if either or both were the case.

"Interpretations of these rules shall be given by Nacra in
consultation with proper committees of the International Nacra Class Association"

Jim Casto
NACRA 5.5 & NACRA 5.7
Austin TX
Lake Travis