Originally Posted by pgp
Progress! smile The reference to "you" was the request for a specific course of action.

I'm unwilling to walk away from USS, yet, because of Alter Cup. Imo, AC is still a very worthwhile event. Mind you, that has nothing to do with any support for USS! My support is for Alter Cup.

I recently attended a sailing camp and it was an eye opener. That is now my prefered form of sailing event. Not that I'm willing to abandon my favorite regattas, I'd just like to see some sort of training combined with them.

So specifically, I would like to join in a group that supports some of the old standby regattas, trains seriously and supports Alter Cup. For me the training, with the attendant time and money, is aimed at improving my AC performance, such as it is.

If WE can coalesce into such a group, I think catamaran sailing will do just fine.

The AC is the only reason I (very reluctantly) keep renewing my membership. I also do support that event.

It is my belief that it is happening this year not because of USS but in spite of it. I could be wrong, but if certain key folks at USS had their way we would not be having it this year.