Hi everyone,

We are looking forward to another terrific Slip to Ship this weekend. Looking at the marine forecast as of today, winds are forecast on Saturday to be out of the NW at 5-10 kts. Sunday's forecase is out of the W at 5-10kts. Should be plenty of wind for competitive sailing.

I have received several inquiries about oil and the Islands. As of today, no change. The oil is 60 miles away and the Islands remain open. Me and 4 other boats sailed to Horn Island last weekend and it was beautiful. If you know someone who is aprehensive, tell them to sign up now. 30 boats is fine, 50 would be awesome.

Robbie Holstead will be cooking his cajun fare extrodinaire and we are lowering the food prices for extra meals down to $6.00 from $8.00. If you have already paid the $8.00 let us know and we will give you extra raffle tickets to make up the difference. Also, if you paid the late fee, I will put in for a refund for you.

We will have several special awards to give out as well as the Round Dear Perpetual. We will also have a great local band to entertain you on Saturday night.

As always, tents are permitted and a good time required.

As to the course, we will be providing the GPS coordiantes for the finish boat near the eastern tip of east ship Island (Race 1) at the competitors meeting.

Race 3 (Round Dear). The large range marker is no more. After being damaged in the Hurricanes last year, it has been removed. To keep consistency in the race, we will station a chase boat at the former location of the large range marker. An Orange Cylinder will be dropped as well. Competitors must round the Orange cylinder to port. Race 3 will remain the same in all other respects.