Yo Chumster it was good to meet on the weekend. In fact it was good to make so many new friends.
A delightful group. 15 boats for fun sailing in a great venue makes Cat Alley special. Den is obviously a great host. It was nice that the family and our friends were made to feel welcome too. Makes it very easy for me to get as much sailing as I can.

Sadly, may not make it down this w/e because Kat broke a bone in her foot on Tuesday and is having it pinned tomorrow. She is absolutely furious at being out for 6 weeks.
Will however try to make the Dash with new chute n all. the race sounds great fun.

Re Sunday: Two tremendous days of sailing mate. Especially the latter part of Sunday.
I must say it myself but the old/ new Nacra 6 was going rather well. Thanks for the compliments on the boat. I still like these boats in the 18-20Kt conditions we apparently had during the latter part of Sunday with 2-3ft shorter setting seas. Even with my various novice crew/ child crew combos that I happily have on the boat we were going like the clappers with lots of control. Well done Mr Calvert on your rags mate. Bloody marvelous. The square top "makes" the 6. It seems that it the boat is every bit still competitive and being essentially a new sail/ rig combo on indoor stored hulls it has that "new boat feel" to me at least.

Does anyone have a rib so we could set some marks for some windward leewards with a gate? we could take it in turns to launch and retrieve.

When the wind is like that we could really do some spectacular showboat sailing heading on port up the beach to the lay line, set for the mark and then have a gate to reach down to also off the beach. It would be bloody excellent.

Dennis' house could be the race office. Informal racing only but good practice for those of us who are into it. I am not interested in screaming at novice or out of practice racers at the start or terrifying people at the mark. It spoils the weekend. There will be serious regattas on other days.
I would like to have Dennis contact details. Hopefully he will let me crew on that gorgeous ARC22.

Last edited by Hambone; 06/03/10 03:03 PM.

Vintage Nacra Nutters Unite!
Stokes Bay Dreaming....