Originally Posted by Steve_Kwiksilver
So, smaller daggerboards, smaller rudders, smaller sails, and make it plane grin
Foils are probably a factor. In Como my daggerboards and rudders where the largest around. Piet nicely told me my rudders were "barn doors".

However that's not something I can change easily, I don't have the time nor the budget to redesign a 9 yo boat. I just need to use what I have to go faster smile

As for the sails, it's not a sailboard I can change the mast and sail as much as I want! Again, I'm stuck with what I have.

But this got me thinking. Maybe I should get my daggerboard halfway up. As long as there is enough wind to put me on one hull I probably don't need the full daggerboard in. Less daggerboard, less drag... Worth a shot. Maybe a .2 knots gain!

As for being faster without the spi this has not been my experience. Maybe with two crew, but solo I can't harness enough power. Also I've seen polars for the F18 showing that downwind under spi was definitely faster for all wind speed, polars for a F16 should not be that different...