Thanks for all your advice. Our race yesterday went from almost zero wind for 2 hours with the fleet floating with the current to a 15-17knot sea breeze kicking in with a fast fire hose-in-the-face reach in lumpy water for almost 10 miles. The race was 25 miles with half of it in winds less than 5 knots. The few times I could use the spin it wasn't worth it because it acted as a brake in the lulls. I did a horizon job on a Nacra 6.0, Inter 20 and Hobie Tiger. However, an FX one did a horizon job on me. He made it out of the dead zones to the faint wind lines that I saw but just couldn't get to. My mast head windex was of no help because it was spinning 360 degrees as the boat bounced around in the chop. The light winds were oscillating more than 90 degrees. I used to have a bridle fly on my P19 but can't use it on the Blade. At the risk of sounding like a tell tale automaton I think I would have done better with one of those. I had a piece of casette tape tied up front but it got tangled and eventually stuck to the jib making it useless. Is there any type of windex I could use up front for the really light stuff? I'd like to do better in those conditions. I followed Matt's advice regarding the mast/sail transition. Thanks, greg

G Gove Blade #728 Long Island, New Yawk